9 Reasons to Embrace Chemical Peels
The power of the chemical peel should not be underestimated.
9. Glycolic acid peels are green. Glycolic acid consists of organic carboxylic acid and sugar cane. It doesn’t get much more natural than that, and a “green” peel has appeal for many patients.
8. Glycolic acid peels are for everyone! Data support the use of glycolic acid peels on all skin types and all areas of the body, including the face, neck, chest, back, and even the hands and feet.
7. Glycolic acid peels are unique. The unique mechanism of action of glycolic acid works on the ionic bonds that hold skin cells together, so there is no tissue necrosis.
6. Glycolic acid peels are multitaskers. With glycolic acid peels, multiple depths of penetration are possible, and these peels have demonstrated a beneficial effect on both the dermis and epidermis.
5. Glycolic peels offer a range of clinical and therapeutic benefits. They can improve the appearance of patients suffering from conditions including acne, rosacea, dyschromia, actinic keratoses, keratosis pilaris, and seborrheic keratoses.
4. Glycolic acid peels can help make patients look younger. Data support the effectiveness of glycolic acid for skin rejuvenation.
3. Glycolic acid peels are cooperative. The most popular skin rejuvenation procedures, including botulinum toxin injections, fillers, nonablative resurfacing, and cosmetic surgery, do not improve the surface of the skin. But glycolic acid peels can be used in addition to any of these treatments to complete your patient’s improved appearance.
2. Glycolic acid peels are your surgical assistants. Peels can be used to prepare the skin before surgical or laser procedures, and they can help maintain the rejuvenating effects after the procedures.
1. Glycolic peels are cost-effective! These peels require minimal equipment, and they can be performed by ancillary staff members. They are affordable for patients, and they can serve as an introduction to skin rejuvenation treatments.
To learn more about chemical peels, and whether either is right for you, call us at (954) 519-3923 or request a consultation using our handy online scheduling tool. With the right chemical peel, this may be the year you turn back the clock.