Injectable fillers can give you a more youthful look for a fraction of what a traditional facelift costs. Most will fill lines and wrinkles in less than 30 minutes with results that can last from 4 months to more than a year. Fillers can also be used as volumizers, plumping and lifting cheeks, jawlines and temples and filling out thin lips. If you are considering fillers, it is important to understand what to expect for aftercare.
- Temporary stinging, throbbing, burning sensation, redness, swelling, bruising and excess fullness.
- Swelling and puffiness may last several weeks.
- Redness and bruising may last about 48 hours.
- You may feel a firmness in the treatment area for a few days. This may depend on the area of treatment and the product used but over time, it will soften and feel more natural.
- Inspect daily for signs of infection.
- Stay out of the sun until redness and bruising subsides (usually 48 hours).
- Always use a strong sunblock if sun exposure is unavoidable (SPF 30 or greater).
- Avoid alcohol consumption until bruising and swelling subsides.
- Acetaminophen is appropriate for pain relief. Avoid anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen and naproxen.
- One of the advantages of these procedures is that you may return to most of your normal activities shortly after treatment.
- Avoid strenuous exercise for a day or two after treatment because this increases the heart rate and quickens blood-flow which can prolong swelling.
- Be realistic about your results. Repeated treatments may be necessary. With regular follow-up treatments, you can easily maintain your new look.
If you have any questions about fillers or the aftercare process in Weston, contact OculoFacial Institute at 954-519-3923 or website.